Custom maps is one of the reasons why Warcraft 3 became one of the most played games of all time.
With the introduction of a hugely improved interface for custom maps in the Dota 2 Reborn update, Dota 2 aims to replicate Warcraft 3's massive appeal to the casual crowd while avoiding the mistakes of Starcraft 2's failure.
Dota 2 Custom Maps Introduction by Valve:
Some of our favorite custom maps from Warcraft III:
1. Fufu Ninja
(Fufu United Ninja All-Stars)
- This Warcraft 3 custom map featured 4 different types of assassins in a free for all mayhem.
2. Elimination Tournament
- This Capture The Flag rewarded skill shots and quick thinking.
3. Tree Tag
- Warcraft 3 was full of maphacks but Dota 2 can bring back that suspense of hiding from The Infernals.
4. Dodge Ball 1.0
- This classic by MaD[Lion] is definitely a party favorite.
5. Uther Party
- Mini-games galore - perfect for LAN parties
Which Dota 2 custom map do you enjoy playing?